As an iOS developer, here are a few things I’d like to see at WWDC 2014
- Siri Extensibility – I’d like to see Apple open up Siri to third party apps. For example if I have RunKeeper on my iPhone, I’d like to be able to tell Siri “Start my run”, “End my run”.
- Blocks added to older API’s – A lot of older API’s are using delegates instead of completion blocks. For example: UIAlertView
- UIActivityViewController enhancements – Every time I’ve used UIActivityViewController, I’ve had to extend it to do what I wanted. It shouldn’t be that hard to share an email where you can specific the recipient, subject, attachment, body, etc..
- Inter App Communication – I’d like to see something more like Intents on Android.
- AppleTV SDK – I’d love to be able to write apps for the AppleTV
- Filesystem – Mac OS X and iOS are due for a new filesystem. ZFS was rumored for awhile but fell through.
- Multi User iOS – It would be nice if iOS support multiple users, so a family could share an iPad.